SOUTH BEND BRIDGE CLUB
BOARD MEETING 10 A.M.
JUNE 21, 2016
Meeting called to order by Tim Carl, President
Present: Karen Drain, Joan Tobler, Barbara Fedder, Tricia Killeen ,
Mary Adams, Ted Mullett Vic Papai, Bob Knoblock, Maureen Trubac.
Secretary’s Report: Maureen Trubac, change date to the 17th.
Moved: Mary Adams, approved: Barbara
Treasurer”s Report: Vic Papai (attached)
Checking Acct.: $3,631.00
No. of tables to date: 1,342.5
No. of tables May: 304
Avg. no. of tables: 8-1/4
Ted Mullett is continuing with our audit report. He is also working
with Vic to improve some of the
items on the Balance Sheet. These are very minor and may not
involve purchasing the Quicken program.
There are other programs that would serve the purpose and be less
Moved: Joan Tobler, approved: Mary Adams.
Manager’s Report: Tricia Killeen (attached)
* There will be no longer be fees collected at the door. We are
reverting to paying at our table. Director’s will be responsible for
* Tricia will remain as Club Manager and is reducing the number of
her previous responsibilites. Tricia was covering 33 items that
dealt with the running to the Club. She has chosen
to continue to do 13 time consuming items and the Board is
deligating the others amongst Board
Members and members willing to come forward where help is needed.
* The above changes will be effective July 1, 2016.
* John Hamilton was elected to represent Unit 154. This is a two
* Currently, Tricia’s class is extremely interested in learning
Duplicate Bridge. We hope this continues and ask that you encourage
your friends, neighbors and family to join in a rewarding
* If a director has a complaint or concern it should be given to
the Head Director.
* There are people who choose a table to sit at which is not in
their category A-C. If you need a specific seating arrangement
please see the director. There are special games that will sometime
to play in a higher ranking and you will be advised where to sit.
NAP games over 2500 points are A’s.
* There will be a 1/4 board penalty for rude and negative comments
President’s Report: Tim Carl
* The Board agreed to grant a $100/mo. payment to Tricia and free
plays as Club Manager. This
is $200 less than her previous payments.
* Please be advised that all complaints will now be
dealt by me. My telephone number is listed on the member’s
* Investigate the cost of Sunday games since January
1st, other than team games.
* Review the distribution of free plays.
* Effective July 1, 2016 $1.00 will be added to special
game fees. Free plays must also add $1.
* It has been suggested having a book sale at the Bridge
Center on a future Monday-Wednesday to raise money for the SBBC.
Barbara Fedder and Mary Adams will be in charge and they will let
where to drop off the books you are willing to donate for this sale.
* Table 11 has been moved out of the “cold zone” until
the A/C can be adjusted.
* The Club will make every effort fo accomodate those
with physical needs.
Motion to adjourn: Joan Tobler, all in favor.
Maureen Trubac, Secretary.