1. We have 1 new member for a total of 166.
1. Jo Ann Steigmeyer is mentoring David Barkmeier, and Elaine DeLaney is finishing up her mentorship of Julie Nelson.
2. The Monday lessons by Jo Ann Steigmeyer and Joan Tobler, Wednesday lessons by Elaine DeLaney, Thursday Newcomer Game by Tricia and John Killeen, Joan Tobler, Tom and Connie Hebron, and Tom Hallum, and Friday 149er game by Elaine DeLaney are ongoing.
1. The usual duties of preparing the monthly report, updating the bulletin boards and database in ACBL Score, reporting 70% games, and solving members’ master point issues have been performed.
2. The May and June calendars have been posted.
3. Joan Tobler, Linda Podlin, and Ted Mullett have transferred from Unit 195 to Unit 154.
4. Complaints about poor hygiene are coming up on a regular basis about a number of players. How does the Board want this handled?
5. We have switched from Acuity to Auto Owners Insurance because Acuity wasn’t willing to cover us because of our lease with Town & Country. The cost is $765
(if paid in full) plus a $50 waiver because of the terms of our lease. Acuity charged $500, but most of the difference is because we have added glass coverage (which our lease requires) in the amount of $5100. John Becker at Town & Country has lowered the $150,000 requirement for mechanicals etc. to $50,000. I am awaiting a copy of an addendum to our lease from Mr. Becker.
1. Ben Paulson has been updating the website. He wants feedback on what features of the website we like or don’t like. Are there other websites with features
we would like to add? How often do we go to the website?
1. We need someone to handle advertising. We should consider setting up a Facebook page.
1. The April 8 Fundraiser Game raised $1577.94. It drew 12 tables was a very successful event.
2. Unit 154 has granted us a unit championship game for the Pro-Am.
1. Registration for the upcoming June election is open until May 15. We will choose a representative in an election in June.
1. Too much information is being overheard when players at other tables are discussing the hands they just played.
2. Would the Board consider creating a 699er game?
3. Could there be a link on the website with the directors’ names and e-mail addresses so that scoring errors can be reported directly to them?