1. At present we have 117 members (last year’s max was 176). Letters and e-mails went out to members who had not renewed. An updated phone and email directory will be published in February.
- The usual duties of filing the monthly report with ACBL, updating the bulletin boards and database, and settling members’ master point issues have been performed.
- We will give Chris Papai a Christmas bonus of $75.
- While I am gone 1/3-1/23/18, Joan Tobler will take over the club manager duties.
- Greenway Heating made a service call to replace a blown fuse which was causing the thermostat to malfunction. We signed up for them to provide filter changing twice a year, and they provided a supply of filters for us. Three more service calls were needed to fix the problem.
- A handout of Special Games in 2018 is being prepared to hand out to the membership in early 2018.
- Special ACBL-wide games for 2018 have been sanctioned. The extra sanction fees for these games are being generously picked up by some of our members.
- We had 71 tables for StaC week in November, and we sent $497 to District 8 to cover the table fees.
- Tom Hebron installed a new faucet in the kitchenette area.
- The lease extension is in the process of being signed, and John Becker, the manager of Town & Country Shopping Center authorized the purchase of the carpeting. Gini Stipp, John Killeen, and Tom Hebron are working out the details.
- One member asked that the Board and Directors consider using the Eight is Enough format for some or all of our team games.
- Law 40B addresses the ACBL policy of whether or not the players must keep their matching convention cards on the table. While it does not require this, our Policy Book does.
- A question came up concerning the type of movement in which the table card is rotated during the match (the pseudo-stationary pairs movement). Does the ACBL require the players to get up and physically move or can the card be turned instead? Bud Hinckley looked into this and could not find any requirement for the players to move.