At present we have 151 members.
- The Monday lessons given by Jo Ann Steigmeyer are ongoing. Bill Searcy was the guest speaker on February 12.
- The Newcomer Game resumed February 1 after a month’s break.
- The Friday afternoon 149er Game is ongoing.
- The usual duties of preparing the monthly report, updating the bulletin boards and database in ACBL Score, and solving members’ masterpoint issues have been performed.
- We had 42.5 tables during StaC week, and Sara Marcus donated $100 towards the table fees.
- StaC, Ace of Clubs, and Mini-Kenney results have been posted on the bulletin boards.
- There will be a special membership meeting to discuss changes to the by-laws on Monday, February 26 at 3 pm. Notices have been sent out to the membership.
- March and April calendars have been distributed.
- The Carpet Shop presented 2 estimates: $4897.52 for carpeting and $6989.99 for carpet tiles. Ted Mullett negotiated with John Becker who agreed to add $1000.00 to his original offer if we purchase the carpet tiles. Installation will take 2 days, and we will have to close on a Friday so the work will be done.
Recognition Program and Trophy Wall
- Saturday, April 21 is the date for the Recognition Program. Honorees have been notified.
- The updated Farner trophy is on the wall, and Elaine DeLaney and Chris Habegger were featured in the February Newsletter. Thank you emails were sent to the Farner children.
- The Trophy Wall updates are being made.
- Do the 399ers use the refreshment table enough? Should we re-arrange the room so it is easier for them to do so?
- Do we wish to publish the members’ names (no phone numbers or email addresses) in the Directory section of the website?
- Several members have suggested holding only 1 Tuesday team game each month.