At present we have 158 members (16 fewer than last year).
1. We have sanctioned a 149er game on Friday afternoons from 2-5 pm. Elaine DeLaney and I suggest an entry fee of $7/player.
2. The usual duties of preparing the monthly report, updating the bulletin boards and database in ACBL Score have been performed. Non-renewed members have been purged from the database.
3. The annual updating of the membership in ACBLScore has been done.
4. The 2017 phone and e-mail directories are ready for publication.
5. I have registered for the February, 2017 StaC games and posted Conditions of Contest on the Director’s bulletin board. Sign-up sheets are posted on the bulletin boards.
6. The Farner trophy is being engraved with Elaine DeLaney’s and Dick Hastings’ names.
7. Many thanks are due to Joan Tobler and Elaine DeLaney for filling in for me in December and January.
8. John Nichols has asked to be replaced as our webmaster. Ben Paulson will work with John to take over by the end of January.
9. The Special Games At The Bridge Center in 2017 Handout has been revised and distributed.
10. We had to cancel the 1/10/17 game because the boards from 1/3/17 were used. Refunds have been issued to all the players involved.
Recognition Program and Trophy Wall
1. We have 10 honorees: Elaine DeLaney (diamond), Sara Marcus (sapphire), John Bodish (gold), Shirley Soucek (silver), Vic Papai and Richard Scheibelhut (ruby),Leslie Garvey and Gail Wells (bronze), Bob Knoblock and Lynn Miller (life). Since Lynn and Shirley won’t be here until May, I propose holding the Recognition Program in June.
2. Work on the trophy Wall has begun.
1. Unprofessional behavior of directors
2. Directors allowing extremely weak pre-empting with no penalties
3. Number of free plays
4. Pay scale for directors
5. Directors tolerating slow play