At present we have 138 members (176 was the 2017 total).
- The usual duties of preparing the monthly report, updating the bulletin boards and database in ACBL Score have been performed. Non-renewed members have been purged from the database.
- The annual updating of the membership in ACBLScore will be done in February.
- The 2018 phone and e-mail directories will be ready for publication in February or March.
- The February, 2018 StaC games will be held from February 5-11. Tuesday and Sunday (the 6th and 11th will be team games, not Stac games).
- The Farner trophy will be engraved with the appropriate names and thanks sent to the Farner family.
- The Special Games At The Bridge Center in 2018 Handout has been revised and distributed.
- The St. Joe Club uses their Holiday Party to raise funds for the Salvation Army. They raised $7,700 from members’ contributions which were matched by another member.
- It will not be possible to start a Tuesday evening game in 2018 as previously hoped. We were unable get commitments from enough people.
Recognition Program and Trophy Wall
- We have 8 honorees: Marian David, Lee Boser, and Tricia Killeen: sapphire life masters’ Tim Carl: silver; Ruth Minish and Chris Habegger: ruby; Bob Knoblock and Jill Culby: bronze
- Work on the trophy Wall has begun.
- The Holiday Party had 15 tables: 10 in the open section and 5 in the 399er. Net income was $382.37.This figure reflects $44 paid entry fees, 52 paid lunches, $89.00 raffle proceeds, $378.63 food expenses. It does not include director fee, ACBL table fee, utilities etc.
- Jo Ann Steigmeyer has completed her mentorship of Dave Barkmeier and received her 8 free plays.
- The Newcomer Game will resume in February, 2018.
- Jo Ann Steigmeyer’s Monday lessons and Elaine DeLaney’s Friday 149er game resume on 1/8 and 1/5 respectively.
- The Newcomer Game met 46 times in 2017 and had 182 tables. 59 Beginning Lessons were given in 14 sessions. $1650 was donated to the club. A total of 14 evening lessons on Mondays and Tuesdays were given to a group of ND professors as well. Special thanks go to Joan Tobler, Tom Hallum, Connie & Tom Hebron. Honorable mention goes to Bill Searcy, Bob Knoblock, and Bud Hinckley.