- We collected $320 for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society on November 13. (the club contributed $64 for a total of $414.00)
- The membership drive will run through December. We have registered several snowbirds ahead of time.
- SBBC is delighted to acknowledge the generosity of several of our members: An anonymous donor contributed $150 toward the extra table cost of StaC week, another contributed a new director’s chair and several chairs. Karen Nagy donated 3 book cases for our library. Rich Mao contributed $140 toward the extra table cost of the Instant Matchpoint Game.
- The usual duties of filing the monthly report with ACBL, updating the bulletin boards and database, and settling members’ master point issues have been performed.
- An updated key inventory is available.
- Our 2018 games sanctions have been filed.
- Information regarding the District NAP Tournament has been posted on the bulletin board.
- Which ACBL-wide special games does the Board wish to register for?
- Tuesday, January 23: ACBL-wide Junior Fund ($7.35/table)
- Wednesday, February 21: ACBL-wide Charity Game ($7.35 table)
- Monday, March 19: Senior Pairs ($5/table)
- Friday & Saturday, June 1-2: World Wide Pairs (Friday evening, Saturday afternoon) ($13/table)
- June 17-24: The Longest Day
- Monday July 9: Instant Matchpoint Game ($12/table)
- Thursday, September 13: International Fund ($7.35/table)
- Friday, October 5: Senior Pairs ($5/table)
- Wednesday, October 31: Instant Matchpoint Game ($12/table)
- Monday, December 17: International Fund ($7.35/table)
- A job description of the Club Manager has been prepared and posted on the bulletin boards.
- The Bylaws have been re-typed to reflect special membership meeting changes in the past. A separate handout of proposed bylaws changes is accompanying this report. The Bylaws Committee (John Killeen, Tim Carl, Gini Stipp, Bruce BonDurant) met to discuss proposed changes.