The monthly meeting of the South Bend Bridge Club Board was called to order at 10:00 by President Tim Carl.
Attendance: Board Members: Tim Carl, Bob Knoblock , Barb Fedder, Margaret Lewis, Joan Tobler, Mary Adams and Gini Stipp.
Tricia Killeen, Club Manager, Treasurer, Vic Papai and Head Director, Bill Searcy.
Secretary’s Report: A motion was made by Gini Stipp and seconded by Joan Tobler that the minutes be accepted as distributed.
Treasurer’s Report – Vic Papai: The treasurer reported that we are currently out of the red. To date, we have received $185 in donations for the April 8th fund raiser. The full treasurer’s report is posted and attached. It was moved by Joan Tobler and seconded by Gini Stipp that the treasurer’s report be accepted.
Manager’s Report – Tricia Killeen: The complete report is attached and posted. The following items were agreed upon following explanations:
- We will waive insurance coverage for acts of terrorism
- Reduce StaC week to once a year
- To prevent future lock outs, Vic and Tricia have extra keys to the club interior front door and back door. A spare key will be kept in the filing cabinet.
- The club will purchase a new cordless vacuum cleaner as the current one has been repaired several times.
- Directors should not schedule games on days when they are directing. However, in an unusual situation such as a sick partner or a visitor, the
director may play.
- The newsletter will remind players to be courteous and not to discuss politics or religion.
- Potential players are calling the partnership chairs so there is no need to have a guaranteed partner on hand at the club.
- Current plans are for the club to remain at Town and Country. The table count is down and the need for a larger facility doesn’t exist.
- The fund raiser is for future needs of the club and not designated for new carpet.
Director’s Report – Bob Knoblock: The directors discussed checking to make sure the stratifications are correct, checking to make sure entries in Bridgemates are correct, balancing the field and stationary placement of players. Directors should have the ACBL law book with them when called to a table
to respond to an irregularity. Players are reminded to let the head director know about complaints about or rudeness of directors. Players are also reminded to be courteous to the directors. Bill Searcy informed us that next year the ACBL will revise the rule book and this will give the directors more latitude in issuing rulings.
President’s Report – Tim Carl: We have not received a bill for the replacement of the glass door. It would be beneficial to the membership if there was an article in the newsletter about the club finances.
Please continue to promote the benefit game on April 8th.
There was no new or old business and the meeting was adjourned at 11:30.
The next meeting will be Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 10:00AM.