The meeting was called to order at 10:30 by President Joan Tobler.
Board Members Marty Martin, Barb Fedder, Ted Mullett, Bob Knoblock, Bill Searcy, Gini Stipp, Leslie Garvey, Margaret Lewis and Club Manager, Tricia Killeen.
There were two corrections. The special meeting on October 10th began at 12:00 rather than 10. The spelling of Leslie Garvey’s name was corrected. It was moved by Bill Searcy and seconded by Marty Martin that the October 17th minutes be accepted with the necessary corrections. The motion passed. The Board also approved the minutes of the special meeting on October 10. Motion to accept – Gini Stipp , seconded by Barb Fedder, Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report – Ted Mullett
The treasurer reported October was a good month for club finances due to good table count, contributions for STAC week, and special games. The balance in the checking account is $11,401 and the balance in the savings account is $10,601. It was moved by Bob Knoblock and seconded by Barb Fedder that the treasurer’s report be accepted. Motion passed.
Manager’s Report – Tricia Killeen
The board discussed the additional cost of the 2018 ACBL- wide special games and which games the club should register for or eliminate. During the discussion several members volunteered to contribute the extra table fees associated with these special games.
- Tuesday, January 23: ABL – wide Junior Fund ($7.35/table) – Barb Fedder
- Wednesday, February 21: ACBL-wide Charity Game ($7.35/table) Barb Fedder
- Friday & Saturday June 1-2 World Wide Pairs ( $13 per table) will be eliminated.
- Monday July 9:and Wednesday October 31st – Instant Match point game ($12/table) Richard Mao
- Thursday, September 13: International Fund ($7.35/table) Marty Martin
A Sponsor is needed for the following game: Monday, December 17, International Fund ($7.35/table)
The Bylaws will be discussed at the December board meeting. The Board will vote in January. A special membership meeting will be called in February, 15-30 days after the vote for approval of the bylaws.
The Board went into executive session.
Directors’ Report – Bill Searcy
- The directors will continue to monitor slow play.
- At the last Board meeting Bob Knoblock volunteered to make the boards for all the games. Bill Searcy made a motion, seconded by Gini Stipp, that the stipend for this be raised to $25 a week. The motion was passed.
- The board members were invited to attend Directors meeting. They are held immediately following the Monday game preceding the Board meeting.
- Bill explained the difficulty of balancing the field.
- At the direction of the board, the Director may play when someone doesn’t have a partner if it doesn’t compromise the movement . The directors must be careful that this is not abused.
Lease Renewal – There will be a $20 increase to $1571.81 beginning in June 2019. It was moved by Bill Searcy and seconded by Bob Knoblock that we approve and sign the new lease. Motion Passed. John Killeen, Gini Stipp and Ted Mullett will decide on appropriate carpet within the budget set.
Discussion of Free plays will be tabled until December.
Due the lateness of the hour, the President suggested we move the meeting time back to 10:00.
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 19 at 10:AM