- Two new members: Raji Sundararajan & Donna Tieman bring us to 177.
- We will run our membership drive from November 1-30, 2017.
- We collected $31 on October 16 to support the District 8 Youth Bridge Camp.
- The Monday lessons, Thursday Newcomer, and Friday 149er games are doing well.
- The South Bend Tribune has contacted us to see if we wish to place additional advertising in the newspaper.
- The usual duties of filing the monthly report with ACBL, updating the bulletin boards and database, and settling members’ master point issues have been done.
- We are registered for StaC week October 30-November 5. An anonymous benefactor contributed $150 to help with the $7/table ACBL fee.
- Our game sanctions for 2017 are up for renewal. Are any changes needed?
- Terminix wants $300 for an extermination procedure. Town & Country recommended Leonard’s Pest Control, but they are too busy to schedule us. Termishield is coming on Tuesday, October 17 to give us an estimate. A call to Aardvark has not been returned.
- A new inventory of keys has been prepared. Several have been turned in from people who no longer need one.
- We collected 155 signatures for the Unit 154 petition requesting a transfer from District 8 to District 12.
- Free Plays: The Policy Book states that the club manager, president, and building & grounds chairperson get free plays. The purchasing agent – 10 + $100 for gas, 33% of pop profits, 100% of water profits. Communications Manager – 8 + ink and paper; special events chairperson – 4; open games partnership chairperson – 4; limited games chairperson – 4; daily hostesses get free plays voucher chairperson – 2; greeting card chairperson – 2; legal adviser – 4